Monday, March 31, 2008

Another Shiver Down My Spine


I figured what with a new Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds record on the horizon, It'd be appropriate to break out a classic by an early incarnation of Cave's pre-Bad Seeds group The Birthday Party. Before moving to London in the early eighties, the group played and recorded in their native Australia as The Boys Next Door in fact many of the early Birthday Party records like Hee Haw were originally released under the name. Oddly enough Shivers is much more in line with the Bad Seeds's late eighties dirges than anything the Birthday Party would ever record. Great track, the first time I heard it was as a recurring motif in Aussie flick Dogs in Space, a great movie mostly known for starring Michael Hutchence.



And hey, a cursory search of youtube yields a video even!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good day people. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for that singular model. The prices seeking the sneakers were around 350 pounds everwhere. But completely I base this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that particular make. The prices for the sneakers are approximately 350 dollars on every site. But definitively I bring about this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hello people. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging allowing for regarding that meticulous brand. The prices for the boots are around 250 dollars everwhere. But definitively I base this area selling them for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what is your opinion?